February 2022 was packed with great games releases. Two of the highlights directly at the beginning of the year were Horizon: Forbidden West and Elden Ring. Both games are characterized by a beautiful and large Open World at the same time.
But how big are the maps in comparison to other games? This has asked the team of DG VFX and some video game worlds have taken as a comparison to classify Elden Ring and Horizon: Forbidden West for us.
Elden Ring and Forbidden West rather below average
Which games land in comparison? Under the titles whose games worlds are compared, there are well-known classics such as The Elder Scrolls: Skyrim or also The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild. At the top is undisputed minecraft.
Where elden ring and forbidden West? Overall, five games arrive from Elden Ring and Horizon: Forbidden West. The two game worlds are similarly large and differ only by a few square kilometers. Many games, however, have a larger area of the game world.
The following titles are compared with each other:
- Assassin's Creed Valhalla: Asgard - 1,70 km²
- Assassin's Creed Valhalla: Paris - 7.5 km²
- Marvel's Spider-Man (PS4) - 11 km²
- Elden Ring \ - 24 km² (playable are 12 km²)
- Horizon: Forbidden West - 25 km² (playable are 16 km²)
- The Elder Scrolls: Skyrim - 37.1 km²
- The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild - 72 km²
- Cyberpunk 2077 - 82 km² (playable are 50 km²)
- Assassin's Creed Valhalla: England - 120 km² (playable are 94 km²)
- The Witcher 3 - 135 km²
- Microsoft Flight Simulator - 510.100.000 km²
- Minecraft - 3,600,000,000 km²
To accurately calculate the size of the game worlds, the Youtuber has used the Software ImageJ. At Elden Ring, however, he only has the above-ground territories invoited. Together with the underground areas, the area would rise by around six percent.
Minecraft and the MS Flight Simulator also represents a special case in this comparison. While the flight simulation generates the entire earth with the help of bing map material and KI technology, Minecraft sets a procedural generation.
All other video games that the Youtuber compares each other, you see in his video:
Recommended editorial content
At this point you will find an external content of YouTube, which complements the article. You can view it with a click and hide it again.
Allow YouTube content
I agree that ITube content will be displayed.
Link to YouTube content
More news about Elden Ring and Horizon: Forbidden West can be found on West:
- Horizon Forbidden West: Thunder pine fights against coloring tooth and it's just epic
- Viral Elden Ring-Tiktok summarizes the cruelty of the game in 28 seconds
- Elden Ring: Renna does not appear - so she still comes to the ghost-call bell
Map size is not everything
What does this mean for the game worlds? The video is self-selected video games of the Youtube channel. That Elden Ring and Horizon: Forbidden Westlands land rather in the lower part of the ranking does not mean that the game worlds are generally smaller than most video games.
In addition, quantity does not always mean quality. Although, for example, Assassin's Creed: Valhalla lands with England rather in the upper part of the ranking, the game world is not just filled with the best quests and special places.
Do you keep the size of the game worlds of Elden Ring and Horizon: Forbidden West for appropriate?
Post a Comment